Fruitful reveries, fashion, reconstruction, and home diy blog
I started off the morning with a pair of cotton curtains. The fabric is fairly stiff, but has a really nice texture to it. I thought it might make a nice skirt, so I went to work on it 🙂
First thing was to cut out two rectangles from the bottom of each curtain. The sides were sewn together – here is a close up of the side seam. I decided to go with a flat felled seam to keep the raw edges from fraying and to increase the durability of the seams. There is one on either side of the skirt.
The finished skirt ~
My favorite thing about this skirt (and the most tedious to sew) is that the back of the waistband is elasticized! So the front waistband is smooth, and I don’t feel the need to hide it with a belt 🙂
Here is a picture of me wearing it (excuse the mess – I promise the other side of the room is much cleaner!)